Due to the amazing landscape of the area, Wild Coast tourism offers visitors many exciting activities to try. Get ready for an experience of a lifetime along one of the most pristine and isolated parts of South Africa’s Wild Coast when you take advantage of our 5 Day Amadiba Explorer package!
Cost: R4500 per person for 4 nights and 5 days
* Price includes all accommodation, food, guides and transfers from the Wild Coast Casino and Mtentu.
Day 1: Guided hike to traditional village based accommodation, +- 14kms
7:30am: Meet guide at The Wild Coast Sun Casino for brief and introduction.
8:00am: Begin your hike along the beautiful beach in front of the casino towards the Mzamba River. Explore the Mzamba fossil beds. Hike along untouched virgin beaches and through isolated communities.
14:00pm: Arrive in Nyameni Village for a taste of traditional Pondo Culture. Get ready for hospitality like never before as you hang out in this picturesque village, eat local food and spend the night in a traditional rondawel.
Day 2: Guided horse ride to Mtentu lodge, +-10kms
8:00am: Breakfast. Meet horse riding guide and get a brief lesson on basic horse riding skills.
8:30am: Depart village and marvel at the unique beauty of The Amadiba Area as you make your way to Mtentu.
10:00pm: Explore the beautiful and naturally occurring Red Desert.
13:00pm: Arrive at Mtentu Lodge for a hearty lunch and a little bit of relaxation time.
16:00pm: Option of Mtentu Gorge hike and paradise pool swim, +-3kms.
- Leopard's Falls view point
- 3 echo point
- Paradise pool swim
Day 3: Mkambati and Strandlooper waterfall hike, +- 7km (Add horseshoe falls, extra 5kms)
Spend a day of swimming in crystal clear pools. As close to paradise as one can get…
9:30am: Depart for hike.
12:00pm: Lunch in Baboon Cave overlooking Strandlooper Waterfall.
- Mosquito Beach and reef
- Mkambati Nature Reserve and game
- We Ol Mi 303 shipwreck
- Mkambati Waterfall
- Strandlooper Waterfall and Baboon Cave
14:00pm: Arrive back at the lodge for some well deserved R&R time.
Day 4: Swallowtail Falls canoe and hike, +- 6km paddle and 2km bouldering/climbing hike
- Canoe trip up the magnificent Mtentu Estuary, spotting turtles, kingfish, baboons, fish eagles and vultures
- Paddle underneath Leopard's Falls and gaze at the 2nd waterfall, spectacularly falling into nowhere
- Experience the spiritual magic of centre rock and its surroundings
- Begin the epic trip hiking up in forest-enclosed crystal clear tributary, climbing up rocks, swimming through pools and making your way up the side of small waterfalls
- Experience and feel Mother Nature’s beauty all around you
- Let Swallowtail Falls show you why it is our best kept secret
13:00pm: Lunch under Swallowtail Falls.
16:00pm: Return from hike.
17:00pm: Sunset drinks at our special spot.
8:00am: Breakfast, then transfer back to the casino.